Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sounding SundaY


Browsing through pictures from my friendster account, I managed to stumble upon this picture. And upon seeing it, I felt how I missed playing the Kumintang which is a traditional and historical type of instrument originating from the culture here in Mindanao, which various tribes use it in music, dances, customs and the like. I loved playing it especially when it is blended to play with the 'Agong' of which I had a chance to play too. I just reminisced the beauty of Ethnic element, its art, the colors, the embodied unique culture, and the lives of the people in it.
Wishing that someday I could play these musical pieces again (I already forgot some of the rhythms and beats!),
but anyhow, my heart for cultural and ethnic music still lives on.













Here are the pictures of my Rondalla days! In these pictures, I am holding a Banduria instrument. The Banduria is one of the 5 musical instruments in a Rondalla ensemble. This instrument plays a lead role in its piece beautifully blending with all the others namely the Laud, Octavina, Guitar, and the Bajo de Arco. The Rondalla group is popularly known on the cultural context, its music in dances such as Pandanggo sa Ilaw, Pasiguin, Tinikling and a whole lot! I couldn't express more how I miss playing them. Maybe one of these days, if ever I'll get a chance to hold them, I will never let them go..(^^,)
These, therefore speak how music is integral in my very life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails