Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reality bites!

Heard of the latest news? It has been two nights already that I heard this, and it pains me in hearing so. I tried remembering the numbers but it seems that I can't.

Nursing is coined as a noble profession. But now, it seems something is pulling it down.

Two nights and the news has been feasting on it. The latest was about half of present nursing schools are endangered to be closed by the CHED (Commision on Higher Education) because of their status in keeping up with their status of giving quality Nursing education. Who should be blamed then? Do we need to point a finger at someone or at some cause?

It was, I think way back 10 years ago or something that the spark of nursing interest came. Because of the IN-DEMAND status of Nurses abroad, people from all walks of life had their eye and pockets on nursing.

So, where is nursing now? Is the heart and passion still there? Is the calling still there?

Honestly, from the looks of Nursing now, it ain't the same as before. Now, Nurses are flooding without stable jobs, or even just jobs. It's even hard to get in as a volunteer! I'm flabbergasted!

But hey, when your heart is really there. When your joy and you know that your calling is there, you will never give up. Even if the odds are not that good, even if hopes are vanishing into thin air, even if the fire has lost its burn, the important thing is: the WILL will still be there. By that, a spark will still start, and the fire be burned again, figuratively, passion will still live on.

I will always remember this, to whose hearts are really on nursing and not just for the grasp of greener pastures: Nursing will not just be a course but a CALLING, not a stock figure but a NOBLE profession to be lifted high, not an idle heart but a LIFE BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING OF LOVE extended to others!

I am what I am. A Nurse..and will still be one no matter what. :)

7 comments:

maritz said...

Makahilak man sad ta ani oi... read my TT..

Angel in the Sickroom said...

Hi Julie! Of course I remember you. ^_^

I'm glad I'm not the only blogger in our batch.

Anyway, I could actually feel your pain. Well I'm not an RN yet (started nursing all over again huhuhu) but I can't see myself as anything else. I can only see myself as a nurse and I can't wait for me to achieve this as well.

Do you mind if we exchanged links? I've added you up already.

Thanks Julie, take care!

ARJAY said...

I saw the news also...any schools that has a passing rate of 30% below during the PNLE (Philippine Nurses Licensure Examination)will be closed according to CHED... and aside from that...job opportunities among RN's are decreasing...hahaha... what will happen to us... anyway, our hope is in the Lord... PADAYON PILIPINO....

july_blogizta said...

Thanks for the added infO arj..well, reality bites..when the going gets tough, the tough reLy on God! :) Padayun gajud.. :)

Joelle said...

well, there's always call centers. LOL.

I do think nursing is a noble profession, but I'd rather see nursing graduates who are experts in their fields instead of graduates sprouting from diploma mills.

The hopes and opportunities that come with this course is entirely different compared to the time it was just starting out.

july_blogista said...

I like the way you expressed that. Indeed, that's reality now. Nurses are flooding because the increasing number of establishments opening up nursing are evident. Without considering quality. I do consider that it's because of the monetary gain. More student equals more to the pockets. Of which is entirely very sad and painful.

True. It is different as to that before. But still, lets still hold our heads up high. :)

jeni said...

Florence Nightingale needed no CHED and PNLE

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails